Sequoia Lehi Uniform and Dress Code Policy
Updated July 2017 (Download the Policy)
IT IS BOTH THE PARENTS’ AND THE CHILD’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH THE DRESS CODE.
- School appropriate shirts must be worn.
- All shirts mush cover the shoulder with at least three finger widths of coverage.
- No inappropriate language or images can be on the shirt
- Shirts are to be normal fitting, size appropriate
- School appropriate shorts, jeans, long slacks (ankle length), clean and in good repair.
- Slacks or shorts with holes are not acceptable.
- Extreme haircuts are not permitted. This includes color, length and style. Hair must be out of the student’s eyes.
DRESS CODE SPECIFICS
- Clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair.
- Clothing that is cut off, tattered, torn or has holes must be repaired before being worn to school.
- Pants should be worn around the waist.
- Extremely baggy/saggy style shorts or pants showing underclothing, are not acceptable.
- The length of the pants should not hinder walking or running.
- Leggings are not acceptable as pants and can only be worn under skirts and shorts.
- The length of shorts and skirts must be no shorter than ‘fingertip’ length.
- Baseball caps, hats, hoods or visors may be worn to and from school and during outside activities. They may not be worn inside any building.
- Shoes must be closed toe and fastened to the heel.
- No flip flops or crocs.
- On PE days students need to wear tennis shoes, they will lose PE points if they do not.
- Hair may not be distracting to others. Appropriate grooming and hygiene standards must be met. Hair must be neat, clean and conservative in color cut and style. NO mohawks, long spikes (longer than 2 inches) or bright, unnaturally colored hair will not be allowed. Streaking, tipping and other hair-coloring treatments and styles may be considered out of dress code if they are deemed distracting to the learning environment. Exceptions in hair coloring may be made for plays, parties or other school events with safety and modesty being a priority.
- Piercings are limited to the ear lobes.
THE PRINCIPAL WILL RESOLVE ALL QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE DRESS CODE.
*Students who come to school without the complete and proper uniform will not be allowed to attend class until a proper uniform is obtained from home.